accusation (plural accusations)
- The act of accusing.
(Can we date this quote?) Shakespeare, Henry VIII, III-i:
- We come not by the way of accusation / To taint that honor every good tongue blesses.
- (law) A formal charge brought against a person in a court of law.
- [They] set up over his head his accusation - Matthew 27:37
- An allegation.
act of accusing or charging with a crime
that of which one is accused
declaration of fault or blame against another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
accusation f (plural accusations)
- “accusation” in the Dictionnaire de l’Académie française, 8th Edition (1932–35).
- "accusation" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).