calque (plural calques)
- A word or phrase in a language formed by word-for-word or morpheme-by-morpheme translation of a word in another language.
word formed by word-for-word translation of a word in another language
- (transitive) To adopt (a word or phrase) from one language to another by semantic translation of its parts.
to adopt a word by translation of its parts
- first-person singular present subjunctive of calcar
- third-person singular present subjunctive of calcar
- third-person singular imperative of calcar
calque (infinitive calcar)