calque (plural calques)
- A word or phrase in a language formed by word-for-word or morpheme-by-morpheme translation of a word in another language.
word formed by word-for-word translation of a word in another language
- (transitive) To adopt (a word or phrase) from one language to another by semantic translation of its parts.
to adopt a word by translation of its parts
calque (infinitive calcar)
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of calcar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of calcar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of calcar.