carnivore (plural carnivores)
- Any animal that eats meat as the main part of its diet.
- (taxonomy) A mammal belonging to the order Carnivora.
Not all meat-eaters (e.g. meat-eating birds and fish) belong to Carnivora, and not all Carnivora are meat-eaters (e.g. giant panda). To avoid the confusion, a new term carnivoran has been introduced to mean "belonging to Carnivora".
carnivore (masculine and feminine, plural carnivores)
- carnivorous (predatory or flesh-eating)
carnivore m (plural carnivores)
- Feminine plural form of carnivoro
- plural form of
- vocative masculine singular of
Read in another language
This page is available in 26 languages