- (UK) IPA(key): /zəʊˈɒlədʒi/; (non standard) IPA(key): /zuː.ˈɒ.lɒ.dʒi/
- (US) IPA(key): /zoʊˈɑlədʒi/; (non standard) IPA(key): /zuˈɑlədʒi/
zoology (plural zoologies)
- that part of biology which relates to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct.
- a treatise on this science.
science that studies the animal kingdom
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.