- A colloquy; a meeting for discussion.
- An academic meeting or seminar usually led by a different lecturer and on a different topic at each meeting.
- An address to an academic meeting or seminar.
- (law) That part of the complaint or declaration in an action for defamation which shows that the words complained of were spoken concerning the plaintiff.
- 1876: Stephen Dowell, A History of Taxation and Taxes in England, I. 87.
- Writs were issued to London and the other towns principally concerned, directing the mayor and sheriffs to send to a colloquium at York two or three citizens with full power to treat on behalf of the community of the town.
- colloquium in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911