- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈmiːtɪŋ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈmiːtɪŋ/, [ˈmiːɾɪŋ]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːtɪŋ
- Homophone: meting
- Present participle of meet.
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to meet.
- A gathering of people/parties for a purpose.
- We need to have a meeting about that soon.
- The people at such a gathering, as a collective.
- What has the meeting decided.
- An encounter between people, even accidental.
- They came together in a chance meeting on the way home from work.
- A place or instance of junction or intersection.
- Earthquakes occur at the meeting of tectonic plates.
Terms derived from meeting (noun)
gathering for a purpose
people at such a gathering
encounter between people
place or instance of junction or intersection
agreed upon event which happens at a specified time and place
gathering among business people to discuss their business
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Read in another language
This page is available in 39 languages