- A group of metabolic diseases whereby a person (or other animal) has high blood sugar due to an inability to produce, or inability to metabolize, sufficient quantities of the hormone insulin.
- Diabetes insipidus, a condition characterized by excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of severely diluted urine.
- (group of metabolic diseases): IDDM, juvenile diabetes, NIDDM
A group of metabolic diseases
diabetes insipidus — see diabetes insipidus
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Dutch↑Jump back a section
- Hyphenation: di‧a‧be‧tes
- Often pronounced IPA: /ˈdiɑˌbeːtːes/.
- IPA: /ˈdiɑˌbetes/ would be consistent with the spelling, and thus perceived as more correct by some.
Declension of diabetes (type vastaus)