See also: Dork
dork (plural dorks)
- (obsolete, vulgar, slang) A penis. [from the 20th c.]
- (pejorative, slang) A quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same level of intelligence. [from the 20th c.]
vulgar, slang: penis
- “dork”, Wordorigins.org, Dave Wilton, Sunday, June 11, 2006.
- ^ “dork” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).
- ^ Lawrence Poston, “Some Problems in the Study of Campus Slang,” American Speech 39, no. 2 (May 1964) (JSTOR 453113): p. 118.
- Historical Dictionary of American Slang, v. 1, A-G, edited by Jonathan Lighter (New York: Random House, 1994), p. 638.