- To form an edging or border; to run in curved or indented lines.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Parnell to this entry?)
- To variegate or spot, as with hail.
- a caldron new engrailed with twenty hues
- (heraldry) To indent with small curves.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages