- (obsolete) Bent without angles; crooked; curved.
- a curve line
- a curve surface
crooked — see crooked
curve (plural curves)
- A gentle bend, such as in a road.
- You should slow down when approaching a curve.
- A simple figure containing no straight portions and no angles; a curved line.
- She scribbled a curve on the paper.
- A grading system based on the scale of performance of a group used to normalize a right-skewed grade distribution (with more lower scores) into a bell curve, so that more can receive higher grades, regardless of their actual knowledge of the subject.
- The teacher was nice and graded the test on a curve
- (analytic geometry) A continuous map from a one-dimensional space to a multidimensional space.
- (geometry) A one-dimensional figure of non-zero length; the graph of a continuous map from a one-dimensional space.
- (algebraic geometry) An algebraic curve; a polynomial relation of the planar coordinates.
- (topology) A one-dimensional continuum.
- (informal, usually in plural) The attractive shape of a woman's body.
terms derived from curve (noun)
geometry: one-dimensional figure
algebraic curve — see algebraic curve
informal: usually in plural: attractive features of a woman
informal: attractive shape of a woman's body
- (transitive) To bend; to crook.
- to curve a line
- to curve a pipe
- (transitive) To cause to swerve from a straight course.
- to curve a ball in pitching it
- (intransitive) To bend or turn gradually from a given direction.
- the road curves to the right
- To grade on a curve (bell curve of a normal distribution).
- The teacher will curve the test.
bend or turn gradually from a given direction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- vocative masculine singular of
In Lojbanized spelling.
curve (rafsi cuv)
- pure; x1 is pure/unadulterated/unmitigated/simple in property x2 (ka).
- First-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of curvar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) present subjunctive of curvar
- Third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of curvar
- Third-person singular (você) negative imperative of curvar