See also: gabhail
- (Connacht) goil
- (barm, yeast, leaven): gabháilt
gabháil m (genitive gabhála, nominative plural gabhálacha)
- Verbal noun of gabh.
- catch, seizure, capture; assumption (of authority); occupation (of territory); acceptance; undertaking; tolerance
- fitting, adjustment; yoke, harness; attire; control; prop, support
- (music, poetry) rendering
- barm, yeast, leaven
Declension of gabháil
Forms with the definite article:
- giosta (“yeast”)
- gabhálach (“taking, catching; receptive; contagious; gripping, grasping, occupying; possessive, avaricious”)
- gabhálacht (“receptiveness, receptivity; contagiousness; graspingness, avarice”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.