- (archaic) poëtry
- The class of literature comprising poems.
- Composition in verse or language exhibiting conscious attention to patterns.
- A poet's literary production
- A 'poetical' quality, artistic and/or artfull, which appeals or stirs the imagination, in any medium
- That 'Swan Lake' choreography is poetry in motion, fitting the musical poetry of Tchaikovski's divine score well beyond the literary inspiration
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
class of literature
composition in verse or language exhibiting conscious attention to patterns
a poet's literary production
poetical quality, artistic and/or artfull, which appeals or stirs the imagination
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked