dative (not comparable)
- (grammar) Noting the case of a noun which expresses the remoter or indirect object, generally indicated in English by to or for with the objective.
- (obsolete, law) In one’s gift; capable of being disposed of at will and pleasure, as an office or other privilege.
- (obsolete, law) Removable, as distinguished from perpetual; — said of an officer.
- (obsolete, law) Given by a judge, as distinguished from being cast upon a party by the law itself
- (sciences) Formed by two electrons contributed by one atom; see dative bond.
grammar: noting the case of noun which expresses indirect object
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
dative (plural datives)
- feminine form of
dative n pl
- plural form of