Last modified on 1 April 2014, at 21:58
From land + slide.
landslide (plural landslides)
- A natural disaster that involves the breakup and downhill flow of rock, mud, water and anything caught in the path.
- A vote won by a wide or overwhelming majority.
- The candidate won by a landslide.
- Italian: frana (it) f, smottamento (it) f, slavina (it) f
- Japanese: 地滑り (じすべり, ji-suberi), 山崩れ (やまくずれ, yama-kuzure), 山津波 (やまつなみ, yama-tsunami)
- Ladin: roa f
- Norwegian: jordras, steinras n
- Polish: osuwisko (pl) n
- Portuguese: deslizamento m
- Quechua: lluqlla
- Romanian: alunecare de teren f
- Russian: оползень (ru) m (ópolz'en')
- Serbian: odron m, osulina f
- Slovene: plaz (sl) m
- Spanish: corrimiento de tierra m, voto mayoritario
- Swedish: jordskred (sv) n