From Latin mille (“thousand”), via French.
- In the International System of Units and other metric systems of units, one-thousandth of the unit to which it is prefixed; that is, multiplying the unit to which it is attached by 10-3. Symbol: m.
- Example: milligram
- thousand; one-thousandth.
- Example: millipede
- Bulgarian: мили- (bg) (mili-)
- Chinese: 毫- (háo-) (1)
- Czech: mili- (cs)
- French: milli- (fr)
- Italian: milli- (1)
- Japanese: ミリ- (ja) (miri-)
- Russian: милли- (ru) (milli-)
- IPA: /ˈmili/
- Hyphenation: mil‧li
- milli- (multiplying the unit to which it is attached by 10-3)