objection (plural objections)
- The act of objecting.
- A statement expressing opposition, or a reason or cause for expressing opposition (generally followed by the adposition to)
- "I have no objection to any person's religion"
- (law) An official protest raised in a court of law during a legal trial over a violation of the rules of the court by the opposing party.
- Adjectives often used with "objection": serious, conscientious, fatal, grave, etc.
- Verbs often used with "objection": raise, make, meet, answer, etc.
act of objecting
statement expressing opposition
official protest raised in a court of law
objection f (plural objections)
- objection (all meanings)