outside edge (plural outside edges)
- (cricket) The edge of a bat farthest from the body of the batsman.
- (cricket) A deflection of a ball off of the outside edge of a bat, often to the slips or wicket keeper for a catch.
- (skating) The edge of the blade or side of the wheels facing away from the other foot.
outside edge (third-person singular simple present outside edges, present participle outside edging, simple past and past participle outside edged)
- (cricket) To hit the ball with the outside edge of the bat.
- (skating) To place one's weight on the outside edge of the skate, thereby moving in a curve in that direction.
Last modified on 14 January 2013, at 18:45