batsman (plural batsmen)
- (cricket) A player of the batting side now on the field
- (cricket) The player now receiving strike; the striker
- (cricket) Any player selected for his or her team principally to bat, as opposed to a bowler
- The term batsman is applied to both male and female cricketers; batswoman is much rarer.
- Both batsman and batter can be used to refer to either cricketers or baseball players; cricketers are usually referred to as batsman and baseball players are usually referred to as batters.