batsman (plural batsmen)
- (cricket) A player of the batting side now on the field
- (cricket) The player now receiving strike; the striker
- (cricket) Any player selected for his or her team principally to bat, as opposed to a bowler
- The term batsman is applied to both male and female cricketers; batswoman is much rarer.
- Both batsman and batter can be used to refer to either cricketers or baseball players; cricketers are usually referred to as batsman and baseball players are usually referred to as batters.
cricket: player of the batting side on the field
cricket: player principally selected to bat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked