batsman (plural batsmen)
- (cricket) A player of the batting side now on the field.
- (cricket) The player now receiving strike; the striker.
- (cricket) Any player selected for his or her team principally to bat, as opposed to a bowler.
- (baseball, now rare) A hitter.
- The term batsman is applied to both male and female cricketers; batswoman is much rarer.
- In baseball, batsman is rarely used outside of the phrase 'hit bastman'
cricket: player of the batting side on the field
cricket: player principally selected to bat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked