Last modified on 8 December 2013, at 21:44
over + view
overview (plural overviews)
- A brief summary, as of a book or a presentation.
brief summary, as of a book or a presentation
- Irish: forbhreathnú m, léargas ginearálta m, foramharc m, osamharc m
- Italian: visione d'insieme m
- Japanese: 概要 (がいよう, gaiyō)
- Latin: breviarium n
- Pennsylvania German: Iwwerguck
- Persian: نمای کلی
- Portuguese: visão geral f, breve resumo m
- Russian: обозрение (ru) n (obozrénije)
- Spanish: descripción (es) f
- Turkish: genel bakış, kısaca gözden geçirme
overview (third-person singular simple present overviews, present participle overviewing, simple past and past participle overviewed)
- To engage in an overview; to provide a brief summary.
- 1976, Elizabeth A. Freidheim, Sociological Theory in Research Practice , ISBN 0870730150, page 313:
- Gouldner, on the other hand, overviewed all of sociology as it exists in the Western world today, using Talcott Parsons as a "representative" example of its dominant mode of thought.