- IPA(key): /pɹəˌnʌnsiˈeɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- IPA(key): /pɹəˌnaʊnsiˈeɪʃən/ (nonstandard)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: pro‧nun‧ci‧a‧tion
- (countable) The standard way in which a word is made to sound when spoken.
- What is the pronunciation of "hiccough"?
- (uncountable) The way in which the words of a language are made to sound when speaking.
- His Italian pronunciation is terrible.
- pronunciation dictionary
- pronunciation guide
- pronunciation respelling
- Received Pronunciation
- spelling pronunciation
standard sound of a word
way in which words are pronounced
pronunciation (plural pronunciationes)
- (proclamation): pronunciamento
Read in another language
This page is available in 39 languages