- IPA: /pɹəˌnʌnsiˈeɪʃən/, X-SAMPA: /pr@%nVnsi"eIS@n/
Audio (US) (file)
- IPA: /pɹəˌnaʊnsiˈeɪʃən/, X-SAMPA: /pr@%naUnsi"eIS@n/ (nonstandard)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: pro‧nun‧ci‧a‧tion
- (countable) The standard way in which a word is made to sound when spoken.
- What is the pronunciation of "hiccough"?
- (uncountable) The way in which the words of a language are made to sound when speaking.
- His Italian pronunciation is terrible.
standard sound of a word
way in which words are pronounced
- IPA: /pronuntsja'tsjon/
pronunciation (plural pronunciationes)
- (proclamation): pronunciamento