- Rhymes: -ʌsti
- Affected by rust.
- Of the rust color, reddish or reddish-brown.
1914, Louis Joseph Vance, chapter 1, Nobody:
- Three chairs of the steamer type, all maimed, comprised the furniture of this roof-garden, with […] on one of the copings a row of four red clay flower-pots filled with sun-baked dust from which gnarled and rusty stalks thrust themselves up like withered elfin limbs.
- Having red or reddish-brown hair.
- Lacking recent experience, out of practice, especially with respect to a skill or activity.
2010 December 29, Sam Sheringham, “Liverpool 0-1 Wolverhampton”, BBC:
- Before the match, Hodgson had expressed the hope that his players would be fresh rather than rusty after an 18-day break from league commitments because of two successive postponements.
- Discolored and rancid; reasty.
- rusty bacon
affected by rust
of the rust color, reddish or reddish-brown
having red or reddish-brown hair
lacking recent experience, out of practice
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked