satisfaction (plural satisfactions)
- A fulfillment of a need or desire.
- He enjoyed the dish with great satisfaction. He'll order it again the next time he arrives.
- The pleasure obtained by such fulfillment.
- "This life is not for complaint, but for satisfaction." - Henry David Thoreau
- The source of such gratification.
- A reparation for an injury or loss.
- A vindication for a wrong suffered.
fulfillment of a need or desire
pleasure obtained by such fulfillment
source of such gratification
reparation for an injury or loss
vindication for a wrong suffered
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
satisfaction f (uncountable)