searcher (plural searchers)
- One who searches.
- (UK, obsolete) An officer in London appointed to examine the bodies of the dead, and report the cause of death.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Graunt to this entry?)
- A customs officer responsible for searching ships, merchandise, luggage, etc.
- An inspector of leather.
- An instrument for examining the bore of a cannon, to detect cavities.
- An implement for sampling butter.
- An instrument for feeling after calculi in the bladder, etc.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.