See also séparation
Audio (US) (file)
separation (plural separations)
- The act of separating or the condition of being separated.
- The place at which a division occurs.
- An interval, gap or space that separates things.
- (law) An agreement terminating a relationship between husband and wife, but short of a divorce.
the act of separating
the place at which a division occurs
an interval, gap or space that separates things
(law) an agreement terminating a relationship
- “separation” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).