- Used other than as an idiom: see speak, for. To provide an opinion only on one's own behalf.
- I'm here speaking for myself, not for my company.
- (idiomatic) Expressing disagreement with an opinion expressed by another.
- Speak for yourself! I think it's a great idea.
- To have obvious meaning; to require no explanation.
- His fantastic record as a manager speaks for itself.
- His actions speak for themselves.
- In the imperative especially (speak for yourself!), this term has a context of "I don't agree" or "believe what you like", hinting that the statement may be true for the speaker, but is not for all the group.