From Dutch traghel
trawl (plural trawls)
- A net or dragnet used for trawling. [from the 16th c.]
- A long fishing line having many short lines bearing hooks attached to it; a setline.
- To take fish, or other marine animals, with a trawl.
- To fish from a slow moving boat.
- To make an exhaustive search for something within a defined area.
To fish with a trawl
To make an exhaustive search within a defined area
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.