Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛnd
- To free from flexure; to make, or allow to become, straight; to loosen.
- to unbend a bow
- To remit from a strain or from exertion; to set at ease for a time; to relax.
- to unbend the mind from study or care
- You do unbend your noble strength.
- To unfasten, as sails, from the spars or stays to which they are attached for use.
- To cast loose or untie, as a rope.
- To cease to be bent; to become straight or relaxed.
- To relax in exertion, attention, severity, or the like; hence, to indulge in mirth or amusement.
Read in another language
This page is available in 13 languages