Audio (US) (file)
- Up the stairs; on a higher floor or level.
- I'll take my shoes and put them away the next time I go upstairs.
- I hate the people who live upstairs, and I especially hate their piano.
- (colloquial) In the brain.
- After Joe did a hula dance on the kitchen table, his friends wondered if he didn't have a lot going on upstairs.
- (colloquial) In heaven, or any other place where a deity might be found.
up the stairs; on a higher floor or level
- located higher up a building.
- They can sleep in the upstairs bedroom.
- (baseball) a pitched ball that is high, and usually outside the strike zone
- That fastball was upstairs for a ball.
Read in another language
This page is available in 26 languages