Last modified on 8 October 2012, at 17:56
↑Jump back a section
värinen (not comparable)
- An adjective indicating that something is of the colour of something else. Värinen is always used together with a noun or a pronoun (e.g. minkä, tämän, tuon, sen). If the colour described is well-established the two words may be compounded, otherwise they should be written separate.
- sinapinvärinen = mustard (colour)
- kypsän kirsikan värinen = of the colour of a ripe cherry
- Minkä värinen se on? = Of which colour is it?
Declension of värinen (type nainen)
- See related terms -section under kokoinen.