- coloured (British spelling)
- Having a particular color or kind of color.
- The room was colored red, with a dark-colored rug.
- Having prominent colors; colorful.
- The singer wore a colored shirt.
- Influenced pervasively but subtly.
- My opinions are colored by my upbringing.
- (US, now dated and potentially offensive) Of skin color other than the white; in particular: black.
- Being of an older generation, they considered themselves "colored ladies".
- (South Africa, potentially offensive) Of neither black nor white skin color.
- Most of the colored community speaks Afrikaans, whereas languages like Xhosa or Venda are typically spoken by blacks and English is spoken mostly by whites.
- (chiefly historical) Designated for use by colored people (in either the US or South African sense).
- a black drinking fountain; a black hospital
having a particular kind of color
influenced pervasively but subtly
US: of skin color other than the white, particularly black
South Africa: of neither black nor white skin color
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
colored (plural coloreds)
- simple past tense and past participle of