のに (rōmaji no ni)
- even though, although (in spite of the fact that)
- mō haru na no ni
- even though it's already spring
- Ā, chōdo yokatta no ni.
- Darn, and it was perfect too.
- kawaikatta no ni nā…
- Aw, but it was so cute...
- (literally, “Although it was cute...”)
- if only
- hayaku sureba ii no ni…
- If only I had done it earlier…
- (literally, “although it would have been good if I did it sooner”)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see の, に.
- okori o hyōsu no ni mochīrareru
- used to display anger
- なのに (na no ni)