- (informal) An overwhelming victory by a team or entity of the colour specified; often a clean sweep.
- 2016 June 21, Webster, Andrew; Masters, Roy; Mascord, Steve; Lutton, Phil; Walter, Brad; Barrett, Chris; Pengilly, Adam; Proszenko, Adrian; Chammas, Michael, “State of Origin 2016: Who the experts are tipping in game two”, in The Sydney Morning Herald:
- A Maroonwash will be two-thirds complete on a fast track at Suncorp.
- 2017 December 28, “Myanmar's newsmakers of 2017”, in Frontier Myanmar:
- So many were delighted when he was unceremoniously turfed from office in the 2015 redwash, with his USDP losing every single seat in the region.
- 2018 July 11, Liebke, Dan, “The Liebke Ratings: State of Origin 3”, in The Roar:
- To achieve a bluewash for the first time in a thousand years? Quite the incentive for Brad Fittler’s Baby Blues.