- A group of islands located off the western coast of Sicily.
2011, Michael R. Ebner, Ordinary Violence in Mussolini's Italy, ↑ISBN, page 1:
- In the Mediterranean and Adriatic seas lie several archipelagos of small Italian islands, some measuring only a few hundred meters across: the Pontine Islands, southwest of Rome; the Aeolian Islands, north of Messina; the Aegadian Islands, west of Sicily; the Pelagie archipelago, some two hundred miles south of Sicily, closer to the shores of Tunisia; and, finally, the Tremiti Islands, off the coast of northern Puglia in the Adriatic.
- Aegadian Isles, Aegadean Islands, Aegadean Isles
- Egadi Islands, Egadi Isles
- historical: Aegates Islands, Aegates Isles, the Aegates