Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic Aonghas, perhaps literally "one choice".
- A male given name of mostly Scottish usage.
- 1994 RobertsonDavies, The Cunning Man, Viking 1995, →ISBN, page 168:
- Angus was a great enlargement of experience for me, because he illustrated how haphazardly Fate attributes names to her unoffending children. Angus McGubbin: a Scots giant, red-haired and scowling - wouldn't you think so?
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Tayside Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- (rail transport) A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- Aungs, Gansu, Guans, Sagun, Sangu, Sunga, guans, gunas, gusan, saung, sugan, sunga