Proper noun edit
- (international law) Acronym of .
- 2013, “40 Years of CITES AT-A-GLANCE”, in US Fish and Wildlife Service, archived from the original on 29 March 2020:
- Marine species proposals are prominent at this CoP, with proposals to list spiny dogfish, porbeagle shark, European eel, red and pink corals, sawfishes, and several other marine species in the CITES Appendices.
- 2014, Rosalind Reeve, Policing International Trade in Endangered Species, →ISBN, page 315:
- But commercial timber and fish species are increasingly coming under the CITES remit, despite strong opposition from both industries.