See also: democrat
Democrat (plural Democrats)
- (politics) A member or supporter of a democratic party.
- (US politics) A member or supporter of the Democratic Party in the United States.
- (politics) A proponent of democracy.
- (US politics): Reagan Democrat
supporter of the Democratic Party of the US
Democrat (not comparable)
- (US politics, proscribed, derogatory, offensive) Of or belonging to the Democratic Party in the United States.
- As an adjective, especially in the phrase Democrat Party, it is often used pejoratively and epithetically. This usage is also proscribed in favor of Democratic. Adjectival use carries a strong connotation of political conservatism.
pertaining to the Democratic Party in the U.S.