- Rhymes: -ɛntʃi
- (slang) With an exaggerated French manner.
Frenchy (plural Frenchies)
- (slang, sometimes derogatory) A native or resident of France, or a francophone, or a person of French lineage.
1903, Baroness Orczy, The Scarlet Pimpernel:
- They seek him here, they seek him there,
- Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
- Is he in heaven—is he in hell?
- That damned elusive Pimpernel?
- A short form for various names: Francine, Franchelle, Francoise, etc., e.g. Franchelle "Frenchie" Davis.