English edit

Etymology edit

From Harvard University Press, where such use is the house style.

This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.
Particularly: “Do we know when it was first used and whether it's older or younger than "Oxford comma" and "serial comma"?”

Noun edit

Harvard comma (plural Harvard commas)

  1. (typography, US) The serial comma.
    Synonyms: (UK & US) Oxford comma, (UK & US) serial comma