- A small island in the Inner Hebrides.
- A female given name of mostly Scottish usage, derived from the place name.
- A census-designated place in Florida.
- A city in Idaho.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A ghost town in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- A community in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Jonah (biblical character)
- the book of Jonah
- A male given name of biblical origin.
- A patronymic surname.
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel H. Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1971, page 183
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Iona occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 1 woman and 11 men.