LoD (plural LoDs)
- (computer graphics) Initialism of .
- 2002, G. Farin, J. Hoschek, & M.-S. Kim, Handbook of Computer Aided Geometric Design, →ISBN, page 343:
- Multiresolution techniques exploit the additional information that becomes available through a level-of-detail (LoD) representation either by choosing an appropriate resolution for given quality (complexity) requirements or by considering the difference between two levels of detail as a separate geometricfrequency band which contains the detail information that is added or removed when switching between hierarchy levels.
- 2008, Michael P. Peterson, International Perspectives on Maps and the Internet, →ISBN, page 187:
- They include geometric drills which allow the user to navigate between the different LoDs (Level of Detail) associated with an object or to the different geometries of a same LoD that are aimed at different purposes.
- 2008, Liqiu Meng, Alexander Zipf, & Stephan Winter, Map-based Mobile Services: Design, Interaction and Usability, →ISBN, page 58:
- In the first case, we consider the complete transformation of a layer at a certain LoD in another representation of the same layer at a consecutive LoD.
- (software) Initialism of .