See also: mossos d'esquadra
- IPA(key): /ˌmɒsəʊz dɪˈskwɑːdɹə/, /ˌməʊsəʊz dɪˈskwɑːdɹə/, enPR: mŏsʹōz dĭ-skwäʹdrə, mōʹsōz dĭ-skwäʹdrə
- The police force of Catalonia, Spain.
- Coordinate term: Ertzaintza
- 2017 October 22, Sam Jones, “Catalonia weighs up declaration of independence”, in the Guardian:
- Although Puigdemont has resisted internal political pressure to now formally declare Catalan independence, he has refused to rule out the move, which would escalate tensions further and could pit the regional police force, the Mossos d’Esquadra, against the thousands of Spanish Guardia Civil and national police officers deployed in Catalonia.
Literally “team officers”.
- (Balearic) IPA(key): /ˈmo.soz d‿əsˈkwa.dɾə/
- (Central) IPA(key): /ˈmo.suz d‿əsˈkwa.dɾə/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /ˈmo.soz d‿esˈkwa.dɾa/