Alternative forms edit
Proper noun edit
- A district of Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
- 2010 January 25, James Pomfret, “Hundreds protest S.China project over pollution worries”, in Ken Wills, editor, Reuters, archived from the original on 05 May 2022, Environment:
- In recent months, authorities in southern Guangdong province have faced increasingly assertive protests by residents opposed to potentially high-polluting projects including plans for a waste incinerator in Guangzhou’s Panyu district that was eventually put off by authorities.
- A former county of Guangdong, China.
Further reading edit
- Panyu, P'an-yu, Pan-yu, Punyu at Google Ngram Viewer
- Saul B. Cohen, editor (1998), “Panyu”, in The Columbia Gazetteer of the World, volume 3, New York: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 2359, column 1