- Initialism of .
- 1989, American Society of Mechanical Engineers; Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, American Chemical Society, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, American Nuclear Society, Society of Automotive Engineers, IEEE Xplore, Proceedings of the Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, page 718:
- Each of these critical components will be modeled, defining their current SOTA and the forecast for improvement in their technology.
- 2000, A. Roger Greenway, Environmental Permitting Handbook:
- SOTA manuals were specifically developed to document exactly what die state of the art was at the time the manual was prepared.
- 2006, Emmanuel P. Papadakis, Financial justification of nondestructive testing, page 64:
- Part of that duty to test includes researching the SOTA