See also: sama
- As a Catalan surname, from Samà in Catalonia
- As an Italian surname, from Samá, Biblical name, from Hebrew [script needed] (śâma) in the Book of Chronicles
- As a Hindi/Gujarati surname, from सम्मा (sammā), name of a tribe. See Samma.
Sama (plural Samas)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Sama is the 28049th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 854 individuals. Sama is most common among White (41.69%), Asian/Pacific Islander (23.77%), Black/African American (17.68%), and Hispanic/Latino (15.34%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003) , “Sama”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN