to explain my edits, report that veganism not is a diet, is better defined as respect for animal rights, thus boycotted all products and services which exploit animals. vegetarianism is a diet, is VERY different from vegananism. people who do not eat anything of animal origin are strict vegetarians. vegetarianism and veganism has no relationship, whether it is separated in 1944.
please do not revert my edits more because doing this are uninformed people. a dictionary should provide the truth.
sorry if it is difficult to understand, I do not speak English and I'm using a translator.--220.127.116.11 18:37, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- The truth a dictionary contains is the truth of how the large population of speakers actually use words, not what people who claim access to the truth say is how people ought to use words.
- If your English is not good, you may not be the best one to represent what you are trying to say. Is there another wiktionary that has a definition that you feel is better?
- If you are unfamiliar with our formatting, you may not be the best one to enter a new definition. But see WT:ELE.
- If you believe that it is appropriate to delete existing material unilaterally, you may need to become familiar with WT:RFD, WT:RFV, and WT:CFI.
- If you persist in deleting material, you may become familiar with WT:BLOCK. DCDuring TALK 18:52, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- If your English is not good, you may not be the best one to represent what you are trying to say. my english is not good, but my understanding of it is veganism is, and this is what it import.
- Is there another wiktionary that has a definition that you feel is better? yes, my tongue, but you will not accept because I even rewrites.
- If you persist in deleting material, you may become familiar with WT:BLOCK. you do not threaten to block me because I am not a vandal, I'm just someone who wants to put the correct definition of veganism this dictionary.
- Strongly agree with DCD, we could find several millions of hits to support this. I have no fault if people perveteram the meaning of the word and use it so wrong. the fact is that veganism is ethics (animal rights) and not diet, it is only a part (and not the most important) to boycott the exploration animal. I'm vegan, I know very well what I follow.
- I assume these edits have been reverted, otherwise I'll do it myself. and the true meaning of the word does not matter, right?--18.104.22.168 22:10, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- We have no interest in any individual's or organization's definition of a word until such time as the speakers and writers of English (or other languages) use the word in accordance with the definition. No organization controls the definition of a word that is part of the lexicon. The truth about language is something that we try to discover by looking at how people use words. Please notice that we have rules and methods of accommodating objections to definitions. Those methods do not include deletion of material without discussion. If we thought you were a vandal, you would already have been blocked. I would just like to draw your attention to the rules that this wiki runs by. DCDuring TALK 23:28, 7 July 2009 (UTC)