|Search user languages or scripts|
- I got a score of 5 on my AP Human Geography exam after using the exam prep book but without having taken the class. Unfortunately, I received no college credit for that score, unlike all my other AP exams.
- For me, editing on this website is an incredible learning experience. Everything I have done on Wiktionary is only scratching the surface of what I would like to see done and what really needs to be done by someone, so I sincerely and warmly welcome YOU to please add what you are interested in adding if you have the time. And if I disagree with you, I'm probably wrong-- so I offer you my apologies now in advance!
- Leon E. Seltzer, editor (1952), “Preface”, in The Columbia Lippincott Gazetteer of the World, Morningside Heights, NY: Columbia University Press, →OCLC, page v, column 2:
- For languages which do not use the Latin alphabet (such as Arabic, Chinese, Greek, and Russian), the book provides, in addition to English names or conventional spellings, at least one — and usually two — consistent transliterations. In this matter, where English has long responded to several transliteration systems, the usefulness of this procedure will be apparent; the transliterated names in this book constitute a degree of parallel listings nowhere before attempted.
- Wiktionary should fulfill a role for the digital age like the "parallel listings" goal described in the Columbia Lippincott Gazetteer. Given Wiktionary's descriptivist stance, reliance on citations and thoughtful community members, there is a chance to create a powerful resource of a quality, reliability, accessibility and scope "nowhere before attempted" in this area.
- Commons:Category:China AMS Topographic Maps
- Commons:Category:Manchuria AMS Topographic Maps
- Commons:Category:Series 1501
- Commons:Category:Joint Operations Graphic
- Commons:Category:Tactical Pilotage Chart
- Commons:Category:International Map of the World
- Commons:Category:Formosa (Taiwan) 1:50,000 AMS Series L792
- Index to the New Map of China (In English and Chinese)., Second edition, Shanghai: Far Eastern Geographical Establishment, March 1915, →OCLC: “The romanisation adopted is […] that used by the Chinese Post Office.”
- Nelson, Daniel (1944) An English — Chinese Romanized Dictionary [英漢國語字典], Minneapolis, Minnesota: Augsburg Publishing House (Wade with tones)
- Leon E. Seltzer, editor (1952) The Columbia Lippincott Gazetteer of the World, Morningside Heights, NY: Columbia University Press, →OCLC
- Shabad, Theodore (1972), “Index”, in China's Changing Map, New York: Frederick A. Praeger, →LCCN, →OCLC, pages 345-370 (Postal Romanization, Wade-Giles, Hanyu Pinyin)
- 1977, Chinese-English dictionary of contemporary usage  (Wade)
- “Provincial-level Units and Selected Urban Centers—Pinyin and Wade-Giles Forms”, in China: A Country Study (Area Handbook Series), Third edition, Government Printing Office, 1981, →LCCN, →OCLC, pages 504-506
- Malloy, Ruth Lor (1982), “Destinations in the old spellings”, in The Morrow Travel Guide to the People's Republic of China, 2nd Revised edition, Quill, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, →OL, pages 6-7
- Hedda Morrison (1987), “Romanization”, in Travels of a Photographer in China, 1933-1946, Oxford University Press, →ISBN, pages 244-246
- Eugene William Levich (1993), “Glossary”, in The Kwangsi Way in Kuomintang, China, 1931-1939 (Studies on Modern China), w:M.E. Sharpe, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, pages 313-332 (Wade-Giles & Traditional Chinese characters)
- Edmonds, Richard Louis (1994), “Glossary of Chinese Terms”, in Patterns of China's Lost Harmony: A Survey of the Country's Environmental Degradation and Protection, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, page 279
- “China”, in The New Encyclopedia Britannica, volume 16, 15th edition, 1995, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC, pages 42-44
- “Taiwan place names”, in Pinyin.info, 2006, archived from the original on 2006-10-01: “This list of city and county names of places in Taiwan gives Chinese characters, Hanyu Pinyin, Tongyong Pinyin, and a commonly seen older form (usually bastardized Wade-Giles).”
- Saul B. Cohen, editor (2008) The Columbia Gazetteer of the World, volume 1, 2nd edition, New York: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, →LCCN, →OCLC
- Cycling in Taiwan, Taiwan Tourism Bureau, 2008, →ISBN, →OCLC (Tongyong Pinyin)
- “Vietnam consulate office in Taipei, Taiwan”, in visa-vietnam.org, 2013, archived from the original on 2022-09-24 (Cities & Towns in Taiwan (Hanyu Pinyin, Wade-Giles & Tongyong Pinyin))
- Porter, Bill (2015), “Lexicon”, in South of the Clouds: Travels in Southwest China, Counterpoint, →ISBN, →OCLC, pages 267-278 (Wade-Giles, Hanyu Pinyin, Chinese Characters)
- Porter, Bill (2016), “Lexicon”, in South of the Yangtze: Travels Through the Heart of China, Counterpoint, →ISBN, pages 269-278
- McFall, George (March 2019), “台灣鄉鎮名中英對照 [Bilingual Names For Taiwan Cities, Districts, Towns, and Townships For Church Distribution Maps]”, in 中華基督教福音協進會, archived from the original on 2022-09-19, pages 2-3 (Wade-Giles, Chinese Characters)