Hi! I'm Mnemosientje (/ˌmneːmoːˈsintʃə/). The work I do here consists mainly of adding etymologies and words in (mostly dead) languages that interest me. In real life I study history and have previously studied classical languages. My interests primarily lie in Late Antiquity, especially the history and language of the Goths. As such, improving Wiktionary's coverage of the Gothic language has become something of a pet project of mine.
- I am a native Dutch speaker (Hollandic), and my English (both spoken and written) is fairly good. My Hebrew (especially spoken) is mostly fluent, though it's getting rusty from disuse.
- I can read and write German quite well, but I do have trouble speaking it. My command of Spanish and French is less impressive still.
- Latin and Ancient Greek are two languages I've studied at university level and which I can read at an intermediate level. I once finished a course in Hittite, but have since forgotten most of it.
- Old Germanic languages interest me most of all. I can translate Gothic fairly decently, and to varying degrees Old English, Old Saxon and various other medieval Germanic languages.
- I can read the Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Cyrillic and Gothic alphabets, as well as some Runic alphabets.
- Dictionaries: Gothic, Old English (2), Old High German, Old Norse (2, idem?), Old Saxon, Old Frisian. (if Koebler's dictionaries are down, the Wayback Machine still has them usually)
- Dutch: Dialect/accent map of the NL (audio), database w/ various Dutch etym. dictionaries, database of dialect dictionaries, even more dialect dictionaries, Old Dutch (Köbler), Corpus Gysseling online, very extensive pre-1301 Dutch corpus w/lemma and word-form search, Old, Middle and Modern Dutch + West Frisian dictionary search
- Hittite: UTexas online material
- Latin/Greek: Ancient corpora (with regex parser), Texts + dictionaries, A few useful Latin downloads, Various Greek and Latin texts with vocab and grammar notes, also there's this, Logeion
- Old English: Grammar sheet (the rest of the website is great too), Poetry
- Old Norse: Various resources
- Stats: Misc. en.wikt stats, My contributions
- Suda, the Byzantine encyclopedia
מַיִם עֲמֻקִּים, דִּבְרֵי פִי-אִישׁ; נַחַל נֹבֵעַ, מְקוֹר חָכְמָה.