- simple past tense and past participle of
- Moving or progressing faster than is usual.
- 2010, Raymond J. Wlodkowski and Margery B. Ginsberg, Teaching Intensive and Accelerated Courses: Instruction that Motivates Learning, →ISBN, page 9:
- The requirement that students read textual materials before their first class is probably more important for accelerated than intensive courses, but it is relevant for both.
- Happening sooner than expected.
- 2006, David M. Walker, Performance Budgeting: PART Focuses Attention on Program Performance, But More Can Be Done to Engage Congress, →ISBN, page 41:
- OMB's November 15 deadline for the PAR submission is earlier than the statutory deadline. OMB's recent memorandum to agency heads on the subject made this accelerated deadline permanent