activist (plural activists)
- One who is politically active in the role of a citizen; especially, one who campaigns for change.
- One who is conspicuously active in carrying out any occupational or professional functions.
one who is politically active
- Behaving as an activist.
1971 September 26, “They Will Affect The Nation For Years To Come”, New York Times:
- Even in the area of free speech, Justice Harlan sometimes emerged as more activist than his brother
2009 December 10, “Angst Over GM's Activist Board”, BusinessWeek:
- Now GM has what may well be the most activist board ever.
2012 June 1, “Gov. Christie's court pick blocked”, Cherry Hill Courier Post (NJ):
- Gov. Chris Christie has long complained that New Jersey's Supreme Court is too liberal and too activist
declension of activist
|gender m||indefinite articulation||definite articulation||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
|nominative/accusative||(un) activist||activistul||(niște) activiști||activiștii|
|genitive/dative||(unui) activist||activistului||(unor) activiști||activiștilor|