- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of an actor or theatrical acting; like an actor.
- His flamboyance was more actorish than anything else.
- 1917, Photoplay: The Aristocrat of Motion Picture Magazines, page 82
- It seemed to me that Rockcliffe Fellows, as Randolph, was altogether too actorish. I should have preferred John Bowers, the altogether natural mild villain, in this part.
- 2009, Jackie Strachan, Jane Moseley, Fantasy Art Bible, Chartwell →ISBN, page 97
- Do not be too frightened of making your characters perform exaggerated, actorish gestures.